Welcome to The Lake Merritt, an Independent Senior Living Community.
What makes us special?
Our caring and friendly staff, our community of residents, our award-winning Mediterranean Art Deco building and our location!
The Lake Merritt is located across the street from Lake Merritt - Oakland’s spectacular 140-acre park and national wildlife sanctuary. The location is just steps away from Bay Area transportation, including BART and AC transit, along with convenient shopping, business and cultural attractions.
Lake Merritt has recently received a $198 million renewal and now boasts:
- 3.1 miles of shoreline complete with shady, tree-lined boulevards
- Brand-new walking paths and bike ways
- A lakeside park with sailing, dragon boating, rowing
- Bocce and a lawn bowling club
- Seven acres of demonstration and community gardens
- Two nature centers
- Historic bandstand for summer concerts and more