Welcome to The Lake Merritt, an Independent Senior Living Community.
What makes us special?
Our caring and friendly staff, our community of residents, our award-winning Mediterranean Art Deco building and our location!
The Lake Merritt is located across the street from Lake Merritt - Oakland’s spectacular 140-acre park and national wildlife sanctuary. The location is just steps away from Bay Area transportation, including BART and AC transit, along with convenient shopping, business and cultural attractions.
Lake Merritt has recently received a $198 million renewal and now boasts:
- 3.1 miles of shoreline complete with shady, tree-lined boulevards
- Brand-new walking paths and bike ways
- A lakeside park with sailing, dragon boating, rowing
- Bocce and a lawn bowling club
- Seven acres of demonstration and community gardens
- Two nature centers
- Historic bandstand for summer concerts and more
Beauty and Tranquility in the Heart of Oakland
A Lovely Place for a Stroll in the Recently Renovated Snow Park
Our Dining Room View of Historic Bandstand and Gondola
Enjoy our Lakeside View at Night
Children's Fairyland on the Lake Delights All Ages
Scenic Walking Paths Around Lake Merritt
Sunset View of the Lake Merritt Pergola
Waterfall at Rose Garden
New Public Playground at Snow Park
Oakland's New Lakeside Oasis