What makes The Lake Merritt so special is the unique opportunity we offer our residents to be part of a community that views growing older as an opportunity for learning, having new experiences and being engaged in community life.
We bring people together, young and old, to learn, discuss and explore a wide-range of topics from health promotion to social and environmental issues and local initiatives.
Our complimentary programming offers:
- Stimulating speakers
- Skilled facilitators for discussion groups
- A variety of instructors who offer classes
- Experiences tailored to the interests and needs of our residents
Some of our activities include:
- Weekly lecture series – Topics of Merritt
- Fitness programs - 6 classes per week
- Creative writing
- Album Club
- Political discussion group – Topic of the Week
- Book Club
- Monthly museum trips
- Music concerts in-house and off-site trips
- Monthly Resident Council meetings
- Art Class
- Movie Time
- English-as-a-Second-Language (ESL) Conversations in partnership with Laney College
- Brain Aerobics
- Birthday Parties
- Holiday Celebrations
- and more!